03 April 2012

HAWMC Post #2


I find a great number of quotes inspiring.  I have pages and pages of quotes I have copied from devotions I've read, Bible studies I've done, etc.  During the time I was in the nursing home, after Kim gave me a Bible, I went through it and began underlining verses I found comforting and inspiring. As I did so, I ended up finding more. I won't share ALL of them because that would take a long time for me to type (ok copy/paste) and my readers to read. But I'll share some of the ones that I find most inspiring. All of the Bible verses are from the New King James Version and are copied from BibleStudyTools.com. 
  • Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6
  • Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. -  Psalm 19:14
  • 3 O Lord, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. 4 Sing praise to the Lord, You saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. 5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. -  Psalm 30:3-5
  • Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. - Psalm 34:19
  • I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. 3 He has put a new song in my mouth-- Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord. - Psalm 40:1-3
  • But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31
  • O Lord, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction - Jeremiah 16:19a
  • Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise - Jeremiah 17:14 
  •   For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. - Jeremiah 29:11-13
  • For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds,' says the Lord - Jeremiah 30:17a
  • But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves. - Malachi 4:2
  • For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. - Romans 8:18
  • And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28
  • But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 15:57
  • 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. 6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
  • 8 We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed - 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
  • 7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
  • 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:4-7
  • I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
  • And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19
  • 2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. - James 1:2-4
  • 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls. - 1 Peter 1:6-9
  • Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. - 1 Peter 4:12-13
  • And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. - Revelation 21:4
All of these verses gave me a great deal of comfort during the time I was in the nursing home. I knew everything was in God's hands but even knowing that, being in my early 30s and in a nursing home was hard at first. Once I got to know people, it became a lot easier. I have been around people much older than I am all of my life. I know how to get along well with older people and actually enjoy the company of the elderly. They have so much to teach us if only we'd take the time to listen. In the beginning though, i was NOT able to get up at that time so my world was limited to my roommate, her (few) visitors, my visitors and the staff members. So thankfully I was able to read my Bible. It got me through many hard days. Almost all of these are about how God is with us, or how affliction can be used for a good purpose, how trials will end. Basically, they give hope. And I needed hope at that time in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment