25 April 2012

#HAWMC post #25

I Used to Be...But I'm not Anymore

Rather than trying to write about a memory I have but doing it in third person, I chose to use one of the bonus prompts today. I just don't do well writing in the third person, unless it is a report or something similar. So I chose the bonus prompt titled "I Used to Be...But I'm Not Anymore". The prompt was to write a 10 line poem where each line is "I used to be ____ but I'm not anymore." Not too hard I figured. Except when it came to getting the very last one. I'd written 9 already, had picked the order of them and was missing the fifth one. So I asked my hubby for help, and his suggestion turned out to be a perfect fit!

I used to be afraid of dogs, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be good at roller skating, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be afraid of heights, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be shy, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be single, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be able to work, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be a hotel front desk clerk/reservations clerk, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be on 20mg of prednisone a day, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be 200lbs, but I'm not anymore.
I used to be in a nursing home because I was unable to walk, but I'm not anymore.

Of course you didn't expect me to just post a list like that and not have any comments to add did you? Cuz I think anyone who knows me, knows better than that!

Now, I LOVE dogs. Good thing to, since we are the parents of 3 furry puppers here at the West-Porter household. We have, going from youngest to oldest:

Bear (AKA Bear-Bear, or even "you sick freak" sometimes) a 2 yr old male Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix.


Whiskey (AKA Whiskey-Doodle, Doodle) a 2 or 3 yr old Dachshund-Jack Russel terrier (or is that "terror"? J/K!) mix.



Mika (AKA Fat Girl, MyMika) an 11 yr old Miniature Pinscher. 

Ok this is me when I was right around 200lbs. I was 200lbs because I was on 20mgs of prednisone a day for at least a year if not longer. I just could not get the dose lowered without causing a ton of pain. I've had people see my driver's license picture and not be able to know it was me in the picture based on how I looked when I showed them. The D/L pic is much like the March 2008 pic.

March 2008
This is me just 3 years later. I had only been walking for about a month or so. I was walking to the last
May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment